Football shirts are becoming more and more of a fashion statement. No longer do football fans just wear the shirt of their home town club. We have searched the internet twice over to hunt down shirts that are not only unique for the neutral fan’s back catalogue, but that also act as a fashion statement that would stand out in a trendy bar in Shoreditch. Here we have the 19/20 edition. What would you pick for this season?
1. Roma 19/20 Third. The Italian giants have added beautiful blue to their traditional tyrian purple and gold colours in this delightful design. The colours work remarkably well together and a collar is always a winner at Kitsman HQ.
2. Indy Eleven 19/20 Home. Stand out from the crowd in this complete and utter pleasure from the Land of Hope and Glory. Indianapolis based USL side Indy Eleven enter our list with another gorgeous blue number with collar.
3. Napoli 19/20 Third. Oh Kappa and Napoli. What a divine combination. Lots of sponsors and logos act as a talking point and don’t deter from the beauty of this shirt. Just be sure to order two sizes bigger than normal.
4. Kashima Antlers 19/20 Home. If you’re unsure of how to stand out, buy a J League shirt. All J League shirts are gorgeous. This is just fact. We had to pick one from the J League and this Kashia Antlers home shirt just stood out for colour, design and sponsors.
5. Sampdoria 19/20 Home. Of course we couldn’t miss off this stalwart polo design. Joma make some lovely kits and this one is probably their crowning glory. This is the most simplistic of all the shirts in this selection but also the most likely to get accepted in a Topman-filled student drinking pit.
That completes our top 5 ‘going out’ shirts of the 2019/20 season. As always though, this is just one opinion. We want to encourage debate so keep an eye out on social media to share your favourite and get talking kit.