In this ‘5 shirts of’ segment, we look at the Premier League’s all-time top scorer, Alan Shearer. Owning any Shearer 9 shirt is a unique and beautiful thing. But what is his best shirt? We have compiled a list of our top five Shearer shirts.
1. Blackburn 1994/95 Home. We had to pick a Blackburn kit. And, we had to pick Shearer’s title winning jersey. Blackburn’s staple blue and white colours make a striking combination and Shearer 9 on the back in big red letters is the icing on the cake. Good luck finding one of these.
2. Euro 96 Away. The iconic Euro ‘96 away kit pips the home kit to the post in our selection. Shearer took the golden boot home from this tournament, scoring 5 goals.
3. Newcastle Home 1996/97. Shearer signed for Newcastle for a record-breaking £15 million. This beautiful shirt was the first of a long list in Newcastle’s black and white.
4. Blackburn Away 1995/96. Another lovely shirt. This beautiful red and white number served Shearer well on his way to 31 goals in 35 games.
5. Newcastle Away 1998/99. We had to pick a curve ball for one of our selections. This is said curve ball. This shirt is remarkable bright and just a little bit out there. The yellow numbering and the silky blue make for a stark contrast.
That completes our top 5 ‘Shirts of Shearer’. As always, this is just our opinion and it is aimed to encourage debate. What have we missed out? Let us know on social media.
All shirts in this article are available to purchase HERE!